Tuesday, 2 May 2017

My holiday

My Holiday

I woke up got out of bed, it was the day of my dance exam. I walked out into the lounge and saw my mum, she was getting ready to go out and get some things for my sister and I, so I hopped in the shower and got changed into some clothes.

After my sister had hopped out of the shower she got changed into some clothes did her hair and then we left. When we got to the shops we walked in and my Mum wanted to get some eye shadow, lipstick and foundation so she could do our make up. After we had everything we left the shop got into the car and drove back home, when we got home we had something to eat, then got ready for our dance exam.

First our Mum painted our toes and nails with a dark pink color, 20 minutes later after our nails were dry our Mum did our hair she did my sisters in a plait bun and mine in a bun/ponytail, once our hair was done our Mum did me and my sisters makeup, so she grabbed out the make up she had bought earlier and started to do our make up.

Afterwards, once we were all ready we got changed from our clothes into our dresses, my dress was a dark pink dress and my sister’s dress was a white dress that was really puffy, we both looked beautiful. After my Mum and Dad were ready we drove to Tuakau town hall where our dance exam was being held with our teacher Marcus.

When we got there we sat down and put our dance shoes on so we were ready for our dance, we were doing a Bronze Standard and our dances were a waltz, quick step and a slow rhythm.

10 minutes later my sister’s name was called to go dance so she got up and walked over to our teacher Marcus, once she had danced all her three dances it was then my turn to dance so I got up and danced all my dances with Marcus, once I had finished I sat back down and we watched all the other people do their exams.

After all the bronze and silver dances were over we then did some social dancing when you get a partner to dance with and Marcus will call out the steps for us to dance to, then once we had practised a few times we then danced it to music.

Once all the social dancing was over, two people carried a table and got all the food and then we got to EAT!!! About 20 minutes later after everyone had finished eating we got back into the exams but this time it was only the gold dances.

Only three people were doing a gold exam there dances looked very hard but still very cool to watch, once all the gold dances were over, we then did the certificates, everyone got one and it just said there score of how the judge thought we did my sister and I both passed.

After the certificates were all handed out everyone did some social dancing for the rest of the night, while we were social dancing, my Mum said we're going to go now, so we said “goodbye” to everyone and drove back home.

When we got home we got changed into our P.J and then we watched a movie as a family together.

By Lili

2 comments:

1. Lili, you have such a great Mum! She is like your own personal beautician :) and well done on you and Rubi passing your dance exam!

ReplyDelete
  2. Well Done Lili! That was cool the dance exams was fun!

ReplyDelete