Being Water Smart
The problem that caused this whole water problem is that there was a storm that came and the silt polluted the water in Auckland, so now the water care people are urged to reduce their household’s usage by 20 liters a day which is two buckets of water.
The water is being treated to a high quality and is safe to drink straight from the tap. But the situation is serious as we are treating significantly less water than normal. We need people to keep up the good work and continue to use water wisely for several weeks. Together, we can do this.
Tips to keep our water safe
1. Cut your shower time by two minutes: Approximate saving = 16 litres
2. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth. Approximate saving = 4 litres
3. Only run your dishwasher when it’s full.
4. Only run your washing machine when it’s full.
5. Use the half-flush on your toilet.
What the consequences are if you don’t cut down on your water
1. You will have to boil your water.
2.You will get a disease called Giardia.3. The water in your shower it is dirty so if you drink it, it can give you a disease.