Being Water Smart
Due to the heavy rain that Auckland has had there is not enough water for everyone because some of the water has been infested with silt so everyone needs to lower to two less buckets a day.
Tips And Tricks On The Usage Of Water
1. Cut your shower time by two minutes: Approximate saving = 16 litres
2. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth. Approximate saving = 4 litres
3. Only run your dishwasher when it’s full.
4. Only run your washing machine when it’s full.
5. Use the half-flush on your toilet.
What Your Life Will Be Like If You Use Too Much Water
(until the water has been decontaminated)
We would end up having to boil our water each time if you use too much water and who wants to boil water every time you have a shower or brush your teeth.